This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch to pass file descriptors
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Corinna Vinschen" <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:19:29 +1000
- Subject: Re: Patch to pass file descriptors
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0206291214370.4768-100000@this> <20020701100414.B17641@cygbert.vinschen.de>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 6:04 PM
> A change in the concept would eliminate that. The sender process
> could start a thread and duplicate all file handlers/HANDLEs. So
> the main thread in the sender isn't blocked. The receiver is blocked
> anyway since it has to wait until all file handle information has
> been correctly transmitted/regenerated.
This is still incomplete, the parent now cannot exit(). I think that it is a
reasonable fall-back position for when the cygserver isn't running though.