This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Defining _POSIX_SEMAPHORES for cygwin
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: Cygwin-Patches <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:40:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: Defining _POSIX_SEMAPHORES for cygwin
- References: <FC169E059D1A0442A04C40F86D9BA76008ABBD@itdomain003.itdomain.net.au>
On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:23:08AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Jason Tishler [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> > Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:07 AM
> > I have tried the attached patch and threaded Cygwin Python
> > builds with semaphore support instead of conditional
> > variables. Is the consensus that this patch should be
> > submitted to the newlib list?
> Does it pass the test it kept crashing on?
Yes. If it didn't, then I wouldn't be pursuing this tack. BTW,
with Jerry's Python patch and this one, I have been able to run the
threaded regression tests for approximately 24 hours without hanging.
So, I think that this one is finally licked!