This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FW: [PATCH] mkpasswd.c - allows selection of specific user
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:37:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: FW: [PATCH] mkpasswd.c - allows selection of specific user
- References: <911C684A29ACD311921800508B7293BA037D29E9@cnmail>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 07:33:14AM -0500, Mark Bradshaw wrote:
>That's what I (a sys admin) thought too. I like that. I think I'll try the
>brackets and see how it looks.
I'm a sysadmin (of a couple of sites) but I certainly don't have errnos
or Windows error number memorized. I'm much more likely to be able to
help if someone reads me the text than if someone tells me a number.
Text is much less likely to suffer from dyslexic problems, too.
And, as I mentioned, including the number is unlike any other utility
in winsup/utils and any normal unix utility.