This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getsem cleanup
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:41:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: getsem cleanup
- References: <013601c19784$1f95c1f0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 01:03:45AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>My first foray into signals...
>2002-01-08 Robert Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
> * sigproc.cc (getsem): Rearrange code to be more readable, and to
> always output an error if accessing or creating the semaphore fails.
A couple of problems with this:
If I'm reading the patch correctly, it changes the behavior of cygwin so
that cygwin will output an error in the case of a failing OpenSemaphore.
That's not right. The current behavior is correct. The only time you
should see an error is when the process is creating a semaphore for
itself. It should always be able to do that.
I'll clean up the code in getsem a little to make this more obvious.