This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:10:48 -0500
- References: <3AA7E05A.BF9F2535@yahoo.com> <20010310184508.A16745@redhat.com> <3AAFF6E9.DFBF2C8@yahoo.com> <20010317180414.A22971@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010318121519.F12880@redhat.com> <email@example.com> <20010318124713.L12880@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 08:58:14PM +0300, Egor Duda wrote:
>Sunday, 18 March, 2001 Egor Duda firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>ED> Sunday, 18 March, 2001 Christopher Faylor email@example.com wrote:
>CF>> So, rxvt tries to exit but hangs waiting for bash to go away -- which
>CF>> it never does? I would have thought that the closing of the parent
>CF>> pty would cause bash to disappear.
>ED> ah, i see now. this indeed looks like a bug in my code. before my
>ED> patches, process which reads from slave tty polled the pipe, so, it
>ED> saw when pipe from master to slave is abandoned, and send SIGHUP to
>ED> itself. now it's not the case. i think i know how to fix it.
>Here's the patch. I think it solves rxvt-close-with-X-button problem.
Looks good. Please check this in.