This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [patch] Setup.exe choose.cc selection enhancement based on file existence
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: [patch] Setup.exe choose.cc selection enhancement based on file existence
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:32:48 EST
- Reply-To: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Even if I install from internet, when
> choosing the "Full" view, I'm getting "n/a" for every package
> which doesn't need update.
I think the key word there is for every package that *doesn't* need
update. Since the package itself does not need updating then I think I
have by default (and it's probably not selectable) the source download
set to N/A - this also appear to be the way the current version
downloadable from the web works as well.
What does it do if the package does need updating? - I think it gives you
the Source download option then. I think the overriding factor here -
even on the current version from the web is whether the packaged binaries
need updating and my thought process was that if you were getting the
source you would probably do it at download/install time and not after
the package was already updated - might be a bad conclusion. We might
want to revisit this - what do you and others think?