This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lseek() fails to seek on /dev/fd0 ('\\.\A:')
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: lseek() fails to seek on /dev/fd0 ('\\.\A:')
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:45:50 +0100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3A9A621F.7661F240@yahoo.com> <20010226161735.P27406@cygbert.vinschen.de> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:10:15PM +0300, Egor Duda wrote:
> CV> Indeed. I would be interested in the trivial patch as well.
> well, almost trivial ;-)
> It's not fully compatible with linux, as it doesn't allow seeking past
> the end of media (i think this is ok), and, alas, for NT only :( (i
> don't think this is ok, but i haven't found a way to get media size
> under w9x)
Did you try that even on raw partitions (\\.\X:)? From the MSDN:
"The IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY control code retrieves information
about the physical disk's geometry"
so I assume it will only work for raw harddisks (\\.\physicaldriveN).
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.