This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: src/winsup Makefile.common ChangeLog
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: src/winsup Makefile.common ChangeLog
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:46:43 -0500
- References: <email@example.com> <3A9456C7.2677485F@yahoo.com> <20010221200320.B7330@redhat.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 07:01:11PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> >> CVSROOT: /cvs/src
> >> Module name: src
> >> Changes by: email@example.com 2001-02-21 13:46:49
> >> Modified files:
> >> winsup : Makefile.common ChangeLog
> >> Log message:
> >> * Makefile.common: Add `-fvtable-thunks' to COMPILE_CXX.
> >Are you positive about this patch? I thought that problems existed
> >unless all libraries were compiled -fvtable-thunks.
> Huh. I just asked Corinna to discuss this here to see if anyone had
> any idea if this would cause problems. It sounds like it might be
> a potential speedup for cygwin, though?
Based on previous posts, either in cygwin, cygwin-developers, or
mingw-users I remember Mumit saying that all libraries must be built
using -fvtable-thunks and that C++ (or the libstdc++.a) doesn't yet
handle it correctly. Just today, I read a message from Mumit that said
maybe stdc++3.0 will handle it.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com