This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PATCH: getcwd() pathstyle
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: PATCH: getcwd() pathstyle
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:12:02 -0500
- References: <GIEAKOJACGCDOHKHFLIHIEIDCAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 07:38:16PM -0800, Jason Gouger wrote:
>Below is a small patch which adds a "pathstyle" to the CYGWIN options. This
>option controls the format of the string returned by the low-level getcwd()
>function. The options are 'posix', 'win32', and 'dos'. The 'posix' option
>causes getcwd to return the traditional cygwin path, i.e. /usr/local/bin.
>The 'win32' option causes getcwd to return a win32 compatible path, i.e.
>C:/cygwin/usr/local/bin. The 'dos' option causes getcwd to return a dos
>compatible path, i.e. C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin.
>The 'pathstyle=win32' option allows cygwin programs to more easily interact
>with win32 types of programs when the cygwin program builds
>arguments/envvars based off of the cwd.
>Sun Jan 7 18:45:22 2001 Jason Gouger <email@example.com>
> * environ.cc: Added new configuration entry (pathstyle) to
> 'struct parse_thing .. known'
> * winsup.h: Added header definition for new function
> * path.cc: New function to initialize pathstyle configuration
> named pathstyle_start_init
> Modified 'getcwd' to return different pathstyles
> + pathstyle=posix (default), getcwd returns
> the traditional path, i.e. /usr/local/bin
> + pathstyle=win32, getcwd returns a win32
> type of path, i.e. C:/cygwin/usr/local/bin
> + pathstyle=dos, getcwd returns a dos
> type of path, i.e. C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
This looks interesting but I'd like you to do two things:
1) Check out this link for the correct formatting of ChangeLog entries:
2) Fill out the assignment form so that we can incorporate your change
into cygwin. I don't think you've done this yet, have you?