This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Documentation on building a cross-compiler for the cygwin target
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:08:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Documentation on building a cross-compiler for the cygwin target
- References: <4CC6BEEA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:43:38PM +0100, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>I want to make another pass through the Cygwin/X documentation to
>revise it. Currently in the Contributor's Guide, there is an ancient
>section on cross-compiling the X server (which in itself needs
>attention), which includes instructions on building a cross-compiler.
>I want to remove those instructions, as there isn't anything
>particularly specific to X about them, but since it is the first google
>result when searching for "cygwin crosscompiler", I feel I should try
>to preserve the small amount of useful information it contains
FWIW, I don't think there's any reason to keep cross-compiler
information in the Cygwin/X documentation. It doesn't make a lot of
sense to me that Cygwin/X would be a place to look for that.