This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:48:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin
- References: <4ADF412D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Oct 21 13:13, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Well, that's true too. You complain though about the time involved in
> the whole FindResource/LockResource deal. But, is that really a problem?
> Unless these items are explicitly immutable (and, in the case of the
> disable-unique-object-names, it pretty well SHOULD be immutable!), you'd
> still need to manage a lock when accessing the global struct that holds
> their values, right?
Why? The external tool changes the binary data on disk. It does not
change the representation within a DLL in memory.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com