This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:31:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin
- References: <4AD8C1FE.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Oct 16 14:57, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna wrote:
> > If so, what about putting the functionality to change the resource
> > setting into cygcheck?
> Well, since cygcheck needs to be able to /read/ it, it'd be silly to put
> the write functionality somewhere else.
> The big (-) here is mismatch between cygcheck.exe and the cygwin1.dll
> that it's modifying. Suppose the resource section undergoes three
> 1) 1.7.0-63
> 2) 1.7.2
> 3) 1.7.9
You can avoid this problem by defining the resource section in a dynamic
fashion from the start. Each entry consists of the name of the value,
a descriptive text, and the value itself. So, each entry could be a
statically sized structure of 256 bytes like this:
unsigned long value;
For instance, if the name is "blurb", cygcheck could be advised to
understand an option `--blurb' to set the value.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com