This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin does not compile
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:27:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin does not compile
- References: <200910131624.n9DGOF1F014547@mail.bln1.bf.nsn-intra.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Oct 13 18:24, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> I tried to compile cygwin src (current version) but failed.
> (By Corinna's request for console enhancements in a recent mail I felt compelled to
> work on a patch for improved mouse support and cursor position enquiry, two features
> I feel strongly missing.)
> Side note: First, I had to add g++ to my installation; maybe separate dependencies
> for source packages in setup.hint might be a useful extension? I'm mentioning this
> because the error might mean I'm missing some other prerequisite to compile cygwin.
> So after virtual hours, I got the following message:
> -I/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
gcc 4.3.4 is a prerequisit to build the latest Cygwin.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com