This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Symbolic links not backwards-compatible
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)" <lhall at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:57:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Symbolic links not backwards-compatible
- References: <announce.20091003135912.GA32467@calimero.vinschen.de> <4ACB6309.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091006160902.GT12789@calimero.vinschen.de> <4ACC82F5.email@example.com> <4ACCD0B2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4ACF4954.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4ACF5C2D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On 10/09/2009 11:52 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers) wrote:
That's actually forward-compatibility (a Cygwin 1.7 feature not working
in 1.5), I expect we had the same "breakage" when we switched from the
"old-style" file symlinks to the "new style" Windows shortcuts as well. Then,
as now, I think the answer is, if you need this forward-compatibility, you'll
need to use the Windows shortcut style of symlinks (winsylinks).
the previous style of symlink which now is the
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?