This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CFA: pseudo-reloc v2
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:50:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: CFA: pseudo-reloc v2
- References: <4ACB555D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Oct 6 10:34, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna wrote:
> > The important question here is, will v1 pseudo relocs work as
> > before? Since we simply don't have applications with v2 pseudo
> > relocs yet and since the idea is to switch to v2 after giving it a
> > longer grace period, the v2 functionality is just prep work. I'm
> > all for supporting v2 right from 1.7.1, as long as it's guranteed
> > that the v1 code path behaves as before.
> v1 relocs continue to work as before, at least according to my tests
> with a current ld.
That's what concerned me. If it still works as before, I have no
objections at all.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com