Re: wprintf anybody?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Looking into newlib, I don't think it's really a lot.  It's more about
> complexity.  Most of the usual string manipulation functions exist.
>
> What's missing is a real LC_COLLATE implementation, so that wcscoll
> and wcsxfrm (and, FWIW, strcoll and strxfrm) are not just simple cmp
> and cpy functions.
>
> What's missing are the float to string functions wcstof, wcstod,
> wcstold(*).
>
> And what's missing is wchar_t IO like fputwc, fgetws and wprintf.
>
> I think that's it, basically.  Are you going to take a stab at it?

I can't guarantee anything, but I'll see if I can spend some time.  The
long double support sounds like the harder nut to crack.

> Unfortunately we *do* export this function.  Oh crap!

Oh, then I guess what I meant to say was "at least we don't declare it
in any header."

> I seriously hope nobody ever used it.  I will remove this function for
> now.  We will see if something breaks.  If so, the more we need a
> working implementation of it.

If somebody stumbled onto that I can't see how they would continue using
it, given it's complete lack of 'w'-ness.

Brian