Re: UTF8 support in cygwin

>>> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:43:55 -0400
>>> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> said:

> I'm wondering if we need to augment newlib's existing but meager wide
> character support, though?  Or isn't that necessary?

I recognize it isn't necessary for nor unrelated to the
translation in the system side. It is necessary when we develop
or port applications sensitive to wide characters.

BTW, I'm trying to add APIs related with i18n to Cygwin API for
these applications. Please see the following URL.  My approach,
however, only supports ANSI codepages in various locales.

http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~fujieda/cygwin/i18n.shtml

The package distributed through this page has some troubles,
so I will release another package in the near future.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  Center for Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology