Re: difficult problem with symbolic link handling

>>> On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:50:14 -0400
>>> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> said:

> I'd still like to have someone pick some holes in my current way of
> doing things.  I've still got this feeling that I missed something
> important.

The `cygpath' utility returns results quite different from ones
in the previous way. Please see the following example.

The previous way
    $ pwd
    /
    $ cygpath -w usr/
    usr\
    $
The current way
    $ pwd
    /
    $ cygpath -w usr/
    C:\cygwin\usr

The current way translates into the full path, and eliminates
the trailing slash.

I guess it is difficult to preserve the previous behavior in the
current way. But some of my scripts depend the behavior. I would
be grateful if you would correct it.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology