Re: Zstandard support for setup

On 11/08/2018 20:52, Achim Gratz wrote:
[...]

The current code is available here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/cygwin-setup/local.git

Some comments:

This should check for ztd in configure.ac using PKG_CHECK_MODULES, rather than just assuming -lzstd is going to work.

The setup executables are cross-built on Fedora, so a mingw{32,64}-zstd-static package will need to become available.

compress_zstd.c:

+ using namespace std;

Please don't

compress_zstd.h:

+/* this is the parent class for all compress IO operations.
+ */

Comment is incorrect

I'd suggest removing all the 'virtual' since this class is final, but since all the compress subclasses have it, don't bother.

The debug output statements are still in the code (although commented),
I'll let that sit a while and see if I find something else I want to
clean up before I submit it for the upstream repo.

I'd suggest keeping potentially useful ones under #ifdef DEBUG/#endif rather than just removing them all.