This is the mail archive of the cygwin-apps mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH setup] Finish providing support for provides: and conflicts:

On 6/19/2018 8:43 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/18/2018 1:49 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
[Redirecting to cygwin-apps.]

On 6/18/2018 1:32 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
On 06/06/2018 21:44, Jon Turney wrote:
On 04/04/2018 14:21, Ken Brown wrote:
On 3/21/2018 3:38 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
Introduce member functions SolvableVersion::provides() and
SolvableVersion::conflicts().  This enables packagedb::read() to
access provides and conflicts lists from setup.ini.

Ignore this patch.  It breaks libsolv's dependency processing.

Thanks, even if it's not right, I'd completely overlooked the need for something like this.

Do you have any details on what broke with this?  I've been trying it and I don't notice any problems.

No, I'm sorry.  I don't remember, and I didn't keep any notes about it.

It's coming back to me now.  I think I was testing the following situation: I created an installed package A that was being updated (possibly because of a command-line option).  I made A require a version of a package B higher than the installed version, so that the update of A should have forced an update of B.  This wasn't working reliably.  And if I manually chose to keep the installed version of B, libsolv wasn't reliably reporting a problem.

I'll try again to reproduce this, but it might be a few days until I can get to it.

Here's a recipe for reproducing the problem:

1. Create a repository with two packages, A and B, and two versions 1-1 and 2-1 of each. Make A-1-1 require B>=1, and make A-2-1 require B>=2. The attached script does all this.

2. Run setup on this repo and install A-1-1 and B-1-1.

3. Run setup again. It will offer to update both A and B. Choose to keep B and press 'Next'.

setup built from the current HEAD correctly reports the dependency problem. But if I apply my patch, then setup doesn't report the problem and lets me proceed to update A without updating B.


Description: Text document

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]