This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup v3 0/6] Distinguish between user URLs and cygwin mirrors in UI
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:07:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup v3 0/6] Distinguish between user URLs and cygwin mirrors in UI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-12-06 13:45, Ken Brown wrote:
> This is a followup to
> in which Jon suggested splitting site selection into two pages, one
> for cygwin.com mirrors and one for additional user URLs. The latter
> would be visible only if the user had previously checked a suitable
> checkbox. This patch series implements that suggestion.
> The page for mirrors shows the area and location of each mirror, as
> suggested by Brian Inglis, but it still uses truncated URLs as before.
> [Brian, see the last patch, which is in your name. Feel free to
> improve it.]
> Brian Inglis (1):
> Display area and location of mirrors, and add these to the sort key
I had added Last mirror and User added descriptive prefixes to the displayed
URLs, and uniqueness checks, as you suggested and we discussed, but then saw
your patches, and have been holding off until those land.
Should I still look at adding those prefixes once I can pull the updated sources?
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada