This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup] Make Enter in the user URL box cause ADD instead of NEXT
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:58:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup] Make Enter in the user URL box cause ADD instead of NEXT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 04/12/2017 15:58, Ken Brown wrote:
site.cc | 4 +++-
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/site.cc b/site.cc
index 641a6bb..64e56a8 100644
@@ -759,7 +759,9 @@ bool SitePage::OnMessageCmd (int id, HWND hwndctl, UINT code)
- // FIXME: Make Enter here cause an ADD, not a NEXT.
+ // Set the default pushbutton to ADD if the user is entering text.
+ if (code == EN_CHANGE)
+ SendMessage (GetHWND (), DM_SETDEFID, (WPARAM) IDC_BUTTON_ADD_URL, 0);
Very nice. That fixme has been there since 2002 (and the bug probably
I thought perhaps we might need to reset the default control if the
focus is moved to another control after IDC_EDIT_USER_URL so that enter
works correctly then, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
The search textbox on the package chooser page needs the same fix.