This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] Minimal Debuginfo by default
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:09:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Minimal Debuginfo by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 15/11/17 07:38, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
The following concept would allow for sensible backtraces without
installing a -debuginfo, at the expense of a moderate size increase of
binaries (particularly with C++ code):
Did you mean https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MiniDebugInfo
Presumably you intend this for Cygwin binaries.
The patch for cygport would be minimal. Is it worth the size increase?
The benefit to Fedora is obvious, in that it would increase the quality
of the automated bug reports. Do we have an equivalent in Cygwin (or is
one planned)? Right now, we don't have so many backtraces sent in to the
main list, but who knows - if they were easier to generate then we might.
How would this work for Cygwin? Would we require all the lib.* packages
to be rebuilt?