This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [BUG] mksetupini
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:43:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [BUG] mksetupini
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mv4fku1r.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 25/10/2017 18:37, Achim Gratz wrote:
Yeah, this edge case isn't handled correctly: There's a note in the
source code  that basically says "XXX: do complex stuff here".
Consider the following situation: an old package with setup.hint that
has dependency to "abc" and a new package version using versioned hint
files without said dependency. Not the old package files get deleted,
but setup.hint stays in the directory. Running mksetupini correctly
determines that the setup.hint file needs to be removed, but still
generates a setup.ini that makes the package depend on "abc".
The expected behaviour of course would be that it doesn't use the
information in that file (which no longer exists at the end of the run
I believe If you run mksetupini again, you'll get the correct result, as
the unneeded setup.hint has been removed.
Since I want to retire setup.hin support fairly soon, I'm not really
planning on fixing this...