This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] protobuf
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 03:17:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITA] protobuf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87lgotm6b7.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 15/06/2017 20:53, Achim Gratz wrote:
The protobuf package is orphaned by Reini Urban and hasn't been updated
in quite a while. The package currently provides version 2.5.0 and API
version 8, while the current upstream is at version 3.3.1 and API
Aside from fixing a bad assumption in configury via patch and changing
the runtime package name to conform to the API bump, the package uses
the original cygport file. Upstream doesn't provide any tests, I built
a new version of mosh using the -devel package and that works just as
well as with the older version.
all your. I updated the maintainer list
If you asked a comment on the cygport file, you missed to attach it.