This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] man-italic
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:38:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] man-italic
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57EC1DFA.email@example.com>
On 28/09/2016 20:46, Thomas Wolff wrote:
The man-italic wrapper scripts enable italic display in manual pages
(where italic is specified in the page) in terminals supporting italic
This seems to have fallen through the cracks and been completely
forgotten. Sorry about that.
Looking at this, I see that this is not a cygport package. While this
is something which has been done historically, and I know it may seen
overkill for something this small, it's something I'm very reluctant to
see in new packages.
The license which applies to the original work here needs to be stated.
It would be helpful if the description clarified that what this does is
"show italic text in man pages properly as italic, rather than as
That said, this works and is pretty cool. Nice!