This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] test: icu-59.1-1
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 16:34:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] test: icu-59.1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.201704161722.v3GHMMgl022439@authusersmtp.mail.cornell.edu> <email@example.com>
On 4/16/2017 3:06 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2017-04-16 12:20, Ken Brown wrote:
This is an update to the latest upstream release. There are major
changes in this release that will make ICU easier to use but require
changes in projects using ICU. In particular, ICU now requires C++11,
so packages using ICU may need to add -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 to
for further details.
I'm making this a test release to give other maintainers time to
adapt to the changes. If no problems are reported within a few weeks,
I'll promote it to current.
I can see this being problematic for some packages. We may want to wait
for this to hit Fedora rawhide first so that patches for dependent
packages are readily available.
OK, no problem.