This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 17:10:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: perl-5.24?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <loom.20160718T093635firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <87pogmalg7.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 4/8/2017 12:55 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
It looks like 5.26.0 is due to be released in a couple weeks. What
are your plans for updating? Do you think it might happen in time for
TeX Live 2017 (expected to be released in late May or early June)? If
not, I'll probably have to temporarily go back to the old system of
shipping biber as a packed Perl archive.
Well, damn the torpedoes. I've uploaded a test version for Perl
5.24.1. If you try it, please check if simply linking the 5.22
directories under 5.24 works for you. If not, remove those links and
either build the distributions you need locally or let me know which
ones I should provide.
Actually it was easier to just install the biber prerequisites using
cpan. I build and tested biber, and it seems fine.