This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] meson, ninja
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 23:12:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] meson, ninja
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 05/04/2017 12:38, Jon Turney wrote:
Meson is an open source build system meant to be extremely fast. it
generates files for various backends including Ninja, Visual Studio, and
Xcode. Meson does not generate Makefiles, relying solely on Ninja for
Linux and Unix support.
This meson has been patched to teach it about Cygwin.
Ninja is a small build system with a focus on speed. It is designed to
have its input files generated by a higher-level build system, and it is
designed to run builds as fast as possible.
CMake includes a Ninja generator.
These are in Fedora and Debian.
Both build fine.
Ninja pass all tests, meson has no test.
GTG from my side