This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:44:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87zistg99v dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz writes:
> Looking at the current repo content we'd save about 30GB from the dedup
> of the src abd doc packages alone and probably about 20GB from dedup in
> the remaining packages.
I've implemented some POC code and deduped my Cygwin mirror (it is
missing most of KDE and the cross-Cygwin compilation toolchains). This
took a solid 12 hours of flat out 400% CPU load on my SandyBridge laptop
and ballooned the page file to 21GiB. But it also removed almost
exactly a third from the repo's size (going from 81.2GiB to 51.4GiB), so
projected to the full repo it's slightly more than my original estimate.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack: