This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.8
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 23:49:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20160318203409 dot GA11113 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <56EC6BDA dot 7050505 at cornell dot edu> <20160318214509 dot GD11113 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <56EC8053 dot 40604 at cornell dot edu> <56EC89C2 dot 9010105 at cygwin dot com> <56EC8F50 dot 9020905 at cygwin dot com> <56ECB842 dot 7090807 at cornell dot edu> <20160319103209 dot GE11113 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2016-03-19 05:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Glibc uses __USE_MISC to guard the inclusion of sys/select.h, newlib's
header uses __BSD_VISIBLE which is almost the same. But we have the
equivalent __MISC_VISIBLE as well. Do you want to change that, Yaakov?
If you want, but with the implementation of _DEFAULT_SOURCE (since glibc
2.20), there is no functional difference between BSD, SVID, and MISC;
it's mostly historical and documentative at this point.
I guess we won't get off without toothing aches :}
It seems not. :-(