This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Process for retiring a subpackage
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:46:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Process for retiring a subpackage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160317120414 dot GT29016 at dinwoodie dot org>
On 2016-03-17 07:04, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
Per previous discussion on this list, I'm planning on retiring the
separate packaging of Bash completion scripts in the packages I
maintain, and folding the files into the main package. I can't find any
documentation that'll hold my hand through that process, so can somebody
with the relevant arcane knowledege check my understanding of what's
Taking git-completion as an example, where I'm moving all the contents
from that package into the main git package:
- For the first release that obsoletes git-completion:
- Create the main git package in such a way that it contains the files
that would previously have been in git-completion.
- Create a dummy git-completion package that:
Just leave this in indefinitely.