This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] procps-ng
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:51:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] procps-ng
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALsG8y0dUUyvMEh1+KZoE479LF3Q4AVsP5nTHinu3mjio2CdtA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-03-16 15:18, Wayne Porter wrote:
Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:
* This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and
* Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also
means the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with
someone with full sourceware access).
* kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
'cygwin' package. In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
* Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks.
The package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
Please fix these and repost.