This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [SECURITY] cygwin32-expat, mingw64-$arch-expat, etc.
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:50:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: [SECURITY] cygwin32-expat, mingw64-$arch-expat, etc.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FE2DF2E9-ECC4-4914-84F5-976E32425FE8 at etr-usa dot com> <56E9C2E9 dot 3010003 at cygwin dot com>
On Mar 16, 2016, at 2:32 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 2016-03-16 14:28, Warren Young wrote:
>> expat 2.1.1 fixes MEDIUM-rated CVE-2015-1283. Iâve uploaded the regular
>> expat 2.1.1 packages, but the cross-development packages maintained by
>> Yaakov are all at 2.1.0. Some appear to have 2.1.1 alternate versions available
> mingw64-*-expat were updated to 2.1.1 a few days ago already.
Might I ask how you even learned that a newer version was available? The expat project doesnât have mailing lists any more. I was contacted by one of the upstream maintainers, which seems a bit back-channel to me.
I assume that someone who maintains so many packages has a better way to keep on top of which packages need to be updated.