This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:48:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160223144209 dot GA29016 at dinwoodie dot org> <56CC8EAC dot 2080603 at cygwin dot com> <20160224102635 dot GC29016 at dinwoodie dot org>
On 2016-02-24 04:26, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
For this package, it doesn't look as simple as _just_ changing
bashcompdir, though, as the script is called "ag.bashcomp.sh". That
works just fine putting the file in compatdir, but doesn't load if it's
in completionsdir, because that expects the script to just be called
"ag". I can see a few different solutions, and I'd appreciate a second
4. Just install to /etc/bash_completion.d (although probably using
"pkg-config --variable=compatdir bash-completion), which appears to
be what the upstream package currently intends.
Anyone have any thoughts/advances on those options?
Given the issues you stated, that will be fine.