This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Removing cygwin32-*, cygwin64-*
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 17:48:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Removing cygwin32-*, cygwin64-*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56BA35C3 dot 6050703 at cygwin dot com>
> Is anyone using the cygwin32- and/or cygwin64-* cross-compiling
> toolchain for anything besides cross-building cygwin itself? I would
> like to remove most of these from the distro if at all possible.
FWIW, I've tried to cross-compile some of my packages between i386 and x86_64,
and it's never worked. The build always fails for one reason or another that I
can't solve. So I gave up and no, I don't use them any more.