This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 19:13:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87380i671e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <874mjw8mz7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55D5BC0C dot 1000300 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <1440415503 dot 24692 dot 14 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <20150824122900 dot GN19683 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> On Fedora, some Perl packages add extra dots to the package version so
>> that they sort as expected, e.g.:
>> 0.23 => 0.23
>> 0.2301 => 0.23.01
>> 0.24 => 0.24
> So, shouldn't we do the same?
Please not, a dumb idea doesn't get smarter by repeating it's bad parts.
The only way I can keep my sanity with a few hundred of these packages
is if the package name and version number matches CPAN exactly. That
allows me to script most of the grunt work of checking CPAN for updates
and keeping the cygport files up-to-date.
Again, versioning schemes differ, but as long as upstream sticks to one
scheme no manual interventions should be necessary. But that requires
to support different schemes (at the moment, two of them) for different
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf microQ V2.22R2: