This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Uploading packages built against Perl 5.2.2 [
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:40:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Uploading packages built against Perl 5.2.2 [
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a8wt3rg0 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87mvzrfzlp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1435360174 dot 11720 dot 34 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <1435633541 dot 5276 dot 7 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87pp488aki dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5598352D dot 8030603 at acm dot org> <87bnfr3zwe dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150727224314 dot GL14466 at dinwoodie dot org> <87twso6dmi dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 7/28/2015 7:43 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Adam Dinwoodie writes:
Is there a consensus on the way to upload files ready for Perl 5.22 to
be made available? The Git packages are ready to go, but I'm not sure
if I should be uploading them without a !ready file, or as a test
Unfortunately, none of the folks with full access to sourceware have
said if my idea with the !perl cookie was going to fly, so it seems like
we'll have to coordinate among ourselves. I have been uploading my
packages without the !ready file for now.
Or is the idea just that we're going to try to coordinate the many
maintainers worldwide to all release at the same time on Friday? As
that'll mean it doesn't matter that there's no consensus, it just seems
like it'll also be inordinately painful, too.
One more thing that we'll have to solve one way or the other. I still
hope that one maintainer with full sourceware access will be able to
post the !ready cookies all at the same time.
Corinna or Yaakov, that I am aware.