This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+cygwin at asokolov dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:37:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AB5EC2 dot 2060400 at asokolov dot org> <20150719100317 dot GD19825 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55ABA522 dot 9000008 at asokolov dot org> <87d1zogku1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55ABEC90 dot 3040106 at asokolov dot org> <55ABECDD dot 9040805 at asokolov dot org> <87zj2sezel dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55AC0089 dot 2090304 at asokolov dot org> <20150720074442 dot GJ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55AD44E9 dot 8070207 at asokolov dot org> <20150721071221 dot GZ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
21.07.2015 08:12, Corinna Vinschen ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> On Jul 20 19:58, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
>>>> Well, in that case 1.6 works fine. When 1.7.0 will be released, the
>>>> filename will be changed to cygznc-1.7.dll.
> Assuming 1.7 does not break the ABI.
Git master which will eventually become 1.7.0 already has ABI-breaking
> The problem here is that modules
> built for 1.6 won't run on 1.7, even if the ABI hasn't changed,
If it's not changed, it'll be released as 1.6.1 or 1.6.2, especially to
not force users to recompile their modules.