This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:59:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87380i671e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55AD399D dot 7020001 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87y4ia4qnp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150720190010 dot GV3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87twsy4mms dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150721065556 dot GY3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> How do you tell upset that a package uses a different numbering
> scheme? You'd have two scenarios which can't be recognized
> automatically, don't you?
In the case of Perl distributions, I know the ordering scheme and it's
built in to upset already, sort-of, only has to be used. For the rest
upset should probably keep doing what it was doing before, but I want to
fix genini to do the same.
In the long run we might want to add some keyword in setup.hint that
specifies which ordering algorithm to use.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: