This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
upset, genini: different version ordering
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:03:09 +0200
- Subject: upset, genini: different version ordering
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've just found that upset and genini will order versions differently.
For perl-Carp, genini produces:
while upset comes up with:
For the way Perl distributions are versioned, genini is correct here
(although it would fail when a distribution switches from x.y.z
versioning to canonical x.y versioning as PDL has done in the past).
Upset seems to order based on the individual parts in the split version
string? In any case, at least for Perl distributions it should rather
use version objects.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: