This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Inetutils 1.9.4
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:23:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Inetutils 1.9.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A3FE52 dot 6070309 at boland dot nl>
D. Boland wrote:
I am working on the release of the recently adopted inetutils package.
I noticed that parts of this package are being released seperately:
PROGRAM PACKAGE MAINTAINER
whois whois David R.
hostname hostname Christian F.
Should/can I adopt these packages too?
Note that using the inetutils version of hostname would require to place
it in a separate package. The hostname command should be in category 'Base'.
Does the inetutils version work 'better' than the current (Debian) version?
Try hostname options -f -i -I -a -A and 'domainname' command on a
machine which is member of a domain.