This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 23:32:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iobhvj4f dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5562881F dot 7000301 at cornell dot edu> <87iobh3zwg dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55631FDB dot 10201 at cornell dot edu> <556350C5 dot 20600 at cornell dot edu> <87wpzw33ws dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55636DAE dot 8020607 at cornell dot edu> <55A00F2B dot 6060401 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown writes:
> The only solution I can think of is to ship Biber as a self-contained
> Perl Archive made with PAR::Packer[*], built with version 1.17 of
> Unicode::Normalize. I've gotten the latter from backpan and built it
> locally using the attached cygport file.
At the moment, judging from the ChangeLog, the only change for 1.18 was
the removal of the XS code. So if that module still builds and works OK
on 5.22 even though the API it is using has been deprecated, I think
Cygwin should ship 1.17 as default until things are sorted out upstream.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: