This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH mintty] Add an XWin XDG menu entry
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 14:44:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH mintty] Add an XWin XDG menu entry
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436224349-9160-1-git-send-email-yselkowi at redhat dot com> <559BA021 dot 5080508 at towo dot net> <1436269667 dot 1924 dot 17 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <559C2FF2 dot 4040902 at towo dot net> <CAMKht8gWepBhE7+AUONa3VTnvf2Wo+P9jCnVkXzPjrMVNP5jQw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08.07.2015 01:40, Michael DePaulo wrote:
Convinced. According to
Categories and Additional_Fields parameters should be colon-separated,
so I would put:
make_desktop_entry mintty "Cygwin Terminal" utilities-terminal
"System:Terminal Emulator" "" "OnlyShowIn=X-Cygwin"
-- about the icon, shouldn't mintty's own icon be used here? How would
it be passed to cygport, does it need to be installed first?
On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Thomas Wolff <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Am 07.07.2015 um 13:47 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 11:47 +0200, Thomas Wolff wrote:
On 07.07.2015 01:12, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
Thomas, could you please ship a new release with this patch ASAP?
Are you sure this is desired? Mintty isn't related to X Windows;
Well, not for a full X desktop, and that's the reason for the
OnlyShowIn. But within the context of a multiwindow session it makes
sense to provide this option.
OK, anyone else to approve this? Sorry I'm asking but some people might
think it's alien in an X menu.
(Would that addition actually pass without a mintty dependency on xdg?
Otherwise, since mintty is in cygwin-base, xdg itself could also include the
I think this makes sense because: