This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Upload fails with "connection closed"
- From: Federico Hernandez <f at ederi dot co>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:59:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Upload fails with "connection closed"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALfz_q9Dv_Qgs_R8Q34FnGzv_OB=KMM98oSUStG4Jfk5hZeTdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150225084100 dot GU437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CALfz_q_9SsYLukk+7EKpmoG6drrJVV-ZMo10fhnbZg=1Shra6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150226103810 dot GB1911 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20150227084724 dot GA24860 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: f at ederi dot co
No problem. I will prepare some URLs and mail you them this evening. I
will also try alternativ clients.
Thanks for your efforts.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Corinna Vinschen
> Hi Federico,
> On Feb 26 11:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb 26 00:44, Federico Hernandez wrote:
>> > Here it comes...
>> > put task-2.4.1-1.tar.xz
>> > Uploading task-2.4.1-1.tar.xz to /x86_64/release/task-2.4.1-1.tar.xz
>> > task-2.4.1-1.tar.xz
>> > 0% 0
>> > 0.0KB/s --:-- ETAdebug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype
>> > exit-status reply 0
>> > debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype firstname.lastname@example.org reply 0
>> > debug2: channel 0: rcvd eow
>> Means: Write Failed
>> I can reproduce this. I tried to upload to my staging dir as well as to
>> your staging dir. I can't upload normally either. Given the latest
>> uploads, it was no problem two days ago at least.
>> This only affects the Cygwin package upload, which uses a perl module
>> NET::SFTP::SftpServer. If I use a "normal" sftp server, uploading
>> The directory permissions are looking perfectly normal, too. I can
>> upload short files but nothing bigger than about 12K.
>> In the meantime I set up the same perl stuff on my local machine and
>> even there I can reproduce this problem. I'm trying to debug this, but
>> I'm not a perl wizard at all.
>> Is somebody available for help? Via IRC, perhaps (freenode
> I haven't fond a solution to this problem yet. Given that most people
> don't seem to be affected, it might have something to do with a setting
> on the client side, bot for the life of me I can figure out what the
> difference might be.
> For the time being, can you just provide URLs to the 32 and 64 bit
> packages and we'll upload them using other means.
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat