This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: split debuginfo packages
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:27:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: split debuginfo packages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4FE2BE24 dot 4050508 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <1340999291 dot 11608 dot 0 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <4FF8352C dot 6060907 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <54EB19C3 dot 2060402 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 12:14 +0000, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 07/07/2012 14:10, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> > I was going to suggest the use of objcopy --compress-debug-sections, but it
> > appears that does nothing for PE/COFF files at the moment  :-(
> >  http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14067
> That bug has been fixed for a while, so how about the attached?
> This appears to reduce the disk space used by .dbg files to about 1/3 of
> the size, so seems worthwhile.
Have you tested that the resulting split debuginfo work properly with