Re: UTF32 crash in poco-1.6.0 - Request for help

On 18/02/15 12:09, David Stacey wrote:
The test causing the crash is the UnicodeConverterTest (Foundation/testsuite/src/UnicodeConverterTest.cpp). This is templated, and is instantiated with both UTF16 and UTF32 strings. The UTF16 case works correctly; it is the UTF32 instantiation that is crashing.

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this. The UTF16 test (the one that works) uses std::wstring, but the UTF32 test (the one that crashes) uses a custom string made with a 32-bit integer and corresponding traits class. If the UTF16 test is switched from using std::wstring to a similar custom string type then this also crashes.

It would be easy to blame the custom string types, except that I can isolate the code in a stand-alone example that works fine. Plus, I've compiled Poco on Fedora 21 with the two custom string types, and again everything works fine.

I tried compiling with all optimisation turned off, and now the code still crashes, just more slowly :-) I was hoping that I might get something more sensible out of gdb with -O0, but alas no. The next step is to produce a static build (again with all optimisation disabled) and then cut bits out of it until I come up with a minimal programme that exhibits the bug.

Dave.