This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] Sendmail 8.14.9
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:51:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] Sendmail 8.14.9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53ED0870 dot 68FBA51E at boland dot nl> <54E32DF4 dot CB538699 at boland dot nl> <20150217150655 dot GZ8493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54E37963 dot C413A20C at boland dot nl>
D. Boland wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Only two smaller problems:
- The mailq and newaliases symlinks in /usr/bin must not be part
of the package, otherwise they potentially overwrite an existing
configuration. They are created by sendmail-config anyway, if
the user chooses to run the script.
- Probably less important, but the other MTAs are installed into
/usr/sbin, not into /usr/libexec. Fedora installs the sendmail
binary as /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail, analog to postfix, which
is installed on Cygwin and Linux as /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix.
But that's not that important, as long as there's no collision.
Other than that, I think the package is GTG.
Thanks for the sharp eye. I'll remove the links.
Another minor issue in the last line /etc/postinstall/sendmail.sh:
chown SYSTEM:Administrators $UBINDIR/sendmail-config
This does not work with all versions of Windows because the
"Administrators" (S-1-5-32-544) group name may be localized.