This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: notice of package removal
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 02:04:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: notice of package removal
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E0C50A dot 6050703 at gmail dot com>
On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 17:10 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> I justed noticed you zapped proftpd when at the same time
> I was working to upgrade and build the 64 bit version.
> No objection to remove packages; we have a lot in bad state
> and some are dead upstream but it will be nice to be synchronized.
proftpd was orphaned last month, and I hadn't seen any indication
that there was interest in adopting it. While I have been rebuilding
some of the simpler orphaned packages, proftpd didn't appear to qualify
after a quick look. If you are interested in adopting, the old sources
should still be in the Cygwin Time Machine, although given how old they
were, Fedora's packaging may be more useful.