This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:02:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150114141344 dot GG15791 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87ppahz3kt dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150114172404 dot GN15791 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87h9vtz254 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54B6DD5D dot 4060705 at cornell dot edu> <54C25113 dot 10200 at cornell dot edu> <54CA9721 dot 6090200 at cornell dot edu> <20150130094148 dot GO14265 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54CB865D dot 8040708 at cornell dot edu> <54CBB3FE dot 7030800 at cornell dot edu>
On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 11:40 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 1/30/2015 8:25 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> > On 1/30/2015 4:41 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> On Jan 29 15:25, Ken Brown wrote:
> >>> I'm attaching the patches that I applied (on top of Reini's patches) in
> >>> order to make the build succeed. I also had to use libdb4.5 instead of
> >>> libdb4.8.
> >> Is that ok? I mean, shouldn't a package always try to use the latest
> >> version? What's the problem you're observing ? Maybe Volker can help
> >> here?
> > The clisp-2.48 code uses some macros and structures that are defined in the
> > db4.5 headers but have changed or disappeared in db4.8. I'll see if I can
> > figure out how to update the code for db4.8.
> OK, that wasn't so hard. I'm attaching the patch that I applied, in case Reini
> or Volker has a chance to look at it. All 76 tests for the berkeley-db module
FYI, this is the patch Fedora uses for this issue:
Without looking at the code, I don't know which is more appropriate.